Cancer is considered to be one of the deadliest diseases. As a matter of fact, let’s introduce to you first what exactly cancer is.
Cancer is basically the growth of abnormal cells in the body. There are more than 200 types of cancer. Some of the different types of cancer are breast cancer, liver cancer, oesophagus cancer, head cancer and neck cancer.
Due to the advancement of infrastructure and technology in the field of medicine, cancer can be treated in a better way. One of the latest technologies is laparoscopic and robotic cancer surgery. The oncologist who is a pioneer in this technology is Dr Sandeep Nayak and know as one among of the best surgical oncologist in India as per cancer surgery in concerned.
Laparoscopic and Robotics cancer surgery
Dr. Nayak believes in providing advanced treatment to his patients. Dr. Sandeep Nayak is one of the best oncologist in India who practises the laparoscopic and robotic cancer surgery. You might be wondering what exactly this treatment is all about.
Let us brief you as to what Laparoscopy surgery. It is basically cutting in parts rather than in conventional surgery where only one big part is cut which is more painful. Dr. Nayak’s opinion is that the patient should suffer less pain as they are already going through a trauma of cancer.
Laparoscopy is a method of diagnosis used to examine the organs inside the abdomen. Laparoscopy treatment is carried out by using an instrument called the laparoscope. Laparoscope is a thin tube with a high intensity light and a high resolution camera. As the instrument is moved inside the abdomen, images are sent to the monitor.
Robotics is similar to Laparoscopy surgery, the only difference is that this surgery robotic technology is used to carry out cancer surgery. Robotic cancer surgery is a treatment wherein the surgery is carried out with help of robots. The robot used during surgery, is controlled by the doctor. This technique helps the surgeon to get high definition images of the internal organs.
The main advantages of laparoscopy and robotic surgery as compared to conventional surgery are
- Less Blood Loss
- Minor cuts are made
- Faster Recovery after treatment
- Laparoscopy and Robotics surgery is done with help of advancement equipments
- Hospital stays are reduced
For carrying out this type of advanced treatment, you need a surgeon who is experienced in this field and who has a team of doctors who are the expert in the field of cancer treatment and there is no other better laparoscopic and robotic surgical oncologist (Cancer Specialist) in India than Dr. Sandeep Nayak. Although it is one of the expensive treatment, the after surgery benefits are very positive.
The different types of advanced cancer surgeries for different cancer diseases carried out by Dr. Sandeep Nayak are:
- Oesophagus Cancer
Oesophagus is a type of cancer in which cells which starts to grow in the oesophagus (also known as the food pipe) which carries the food from the mouth to the abdomen.
Oesophagus cancer can be cured either by open surgery or laparoscopy and robotics surgery. Open surgery requires opening the chest for operation which is very painful. Dr. Sandeep Nayak uses latest technology of laparoscopy to carry out surgery. Due to this advanced technology, there is less pain and discomfort suffered by the patient after treatment.
Advanced treatment carried out by Dr.Sandeep Nayak for oesophagus cancer is
- The surgery used to treat oesophagus cancer is called as oesophagcetomy in which the doctor removes the affected part of oesophagus and connects other healthy part of oesophagus to the stomach so that the customer faces no difficulty in swallowing food.
- Removes the swelling around the oesophagus.
- Sandeep Nayak and his team of experts uses advanced technique called as (VATS) Video Assisted Thorascopic Surgery.
- Robots are used to carry out the surgery so that the patient goes through less discomfort.
- Rectum or Colon Cancer
Colon cancer is detected when a tumour is grown in the inner part of the large intestine (colon).An uncontrollable tumour starts growing around the digestive pipe which carries the waste from the food that we eat into the back passage (anus).
Colon cancer can be treated either by open surgery or by laparoscopy cancer surgery. The type of treatment depends on the location of the tumour. Thus laparoscopy surgery can cure colon or rectum cancer faster which will result in reducing the hospital stay for a patient.
Advanced treatment carried out by Dr Sandeep Nayak for rectum or colon cancer is
- Right Hemicolectonomy- It is one the process for removing colon cancer. In this of surgery, the end part of the small bowel (also known as gastrointestinal tract), the caecum (the junction of small intestine and large intestine), and traverse colon.
- Traverse colectomy – In this method the traverse colon is removed .After removing it, the ascending and descending colons are joined together.
- Hemicolectomy – The descending colon and the sigmoid colon is removed, after removing the cut part of the traverse colon is then connected to the rectum
- Sigmoid collectomy- In this surgery, the sigmoid colon is removed from the body .After this, the descending colon is then connected to the rectum.
- Total abdominal collectomy -This is a bigger process wherein the entire colon is removed from the abdomen. Then end part of the gastrointestinal tract is attached to the rectum.
The surgery is carried out in order to remove the affected portion of the bowel. This reduces the risk of reoccurrence of cancer
- Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is considered to be one of the common cancers among women. Breast cancer are of many types but the most common one related to breast cancer is the one growing from the ducts.
There are basically 3 stages of cancer
Stage 1-In this stage the cancer cells are inside the duct and does not spread to the outer walls of the breast.
Stage 2-In this stage if untreated, these cancer cells starts growing in the milk duct.
Stage 3-If not treated properly the cells starts affecting other parts of the body also.
Dr. Sandeep Nayak carries out advanced breast cancer surgery so that the patient goes through less discomfort. The advanced techniques of breast cancer surgeries are
- Breast Conservation Surgery with Oncoplastic Surgery-In this type of surgery ,the cancer tissue is removed from the breast and a part of the lymph under the arm is tested for checking the spread of cancer
- Skin Sparing Mastecomy and reconstruction-In this surgery, the entire breast is removed along with the nipple. The natural skin is retained which helps in the reconstruction.
- Nipple Areola Skin Sparing Matectomy and Reconstruction-In this situation only the cancer tissue is removed without removing the nipple. The breast can be reconstructed later with help of using one of the tissues flat from the back or belly.
- Laparoscopic or Endoscopy or Robotic Breast Cancer Surgery-This is the most advanced form of surgery and it is only practised in few medical centres. In this surgery only small cuts are made which helps in less discomfort to the patient.
- Thyroid Cancer
Thyroid gland is the gland which is in front of the neck. The gland covers the windpipe.
Thyroid cancer starts when extra abnormal tissues start growing in the thyroid gland.
Advanced treatment carried out by Dr. Sandeep Nayak for thyroid cancer is
- Minimal invasive Thyroid Surgery (MITS)-This treatment is carried out by making small cuts of 3-4inch to remove the thyroid gland.
- Laparoscopic (Endoscopic) Thyroid Cancer-In this surgery process, the surgeon gets access of gland by making 3 small invasive cuts on the armpits or the nipple.
- Stomach Cancer
Stomach cancer is diagnosed when the cancer cells starts spreading into the inner walls of the stomach. This type of cancer is also known as gastric cancer.
Advanced treatment carried out by Dr.Sandeep Nayak for stomach cancer is
- Minimal Access Cancer Surgery (MACS)- This a type of treatment wherein small cuts are made around the stomach area for removing the tumour.
- Oral Cancer
Oral cancer is the cancer diagnosed when cancer tumours develops in the mouth, lips and teeth area. The patient faces difficulties while swallowing the food.
Advanced treatment carried out by Dr.Sandeep Nayak for oral cancer is
- Trans oral robotic surgery (TORS)-It is a technique of treatment wherein robots is used to remove the cancer from the mouth. It is a very advanced technique which helps the surgeon to carry out surgery smoothly.
- Kidney Cancer
There are 2 kidneys in the human body. Kidney cancer is diagnosed when a swelling is visible around the kidney area. Although chemotherapy is recommend post surgery.
Advanced treatment carried out by Dr.Sandeep Nayak for kidney cancer is
- Laparoscopic Nephron Sparing Surgery-It is a advanced way of removing kidney cancer tumour from the body with help of an laparoscopy instrument.
After going through the above information about Dr. Sandeep Nayak, you surely would want to treat cancer from one of the best oncologists in India, in laparoscopy and Robotic cancer surgery.
Dr. Sandeep Nayak can be consulted in the following hospitals in Bangalore.
- Macs Clinic
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 4 pm to 7 pm
Thursday 5 pm to 7 pm
Saturday 2 pm to 5 pm
Consultation fees-Rs 500-Rs 700
Address- Jayanagar, Bangalore, Karnataka 560011.
- Fortis Hospital
Monday to Friday 12 pm to 2 pm
Consultation fees-Rs 550
Address- Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore, Karnataka 560076.
- 3. AV Hospital
Address- Patalamma Temple Street, Basavanagudi, Bangalore – 560004
- Vikram Hospital
Address- Millers Road, Opp. St. Anne’s College, Bangalore, Karnataka 560052
Below are the hospitals where Dr. Sandeep Nayak carries out surgical operations.
- Bangalore Hospital
Address- Basavanagudi, Bangalore, Karnataka 560004.
- Ramakrishna Hospital
Address- Jayanagar, Bangalore, Karnataka 560011.
Why Dr. Sandeep Nayak is one of the best oncologists in India (Cancer Specialist)?
Dr. Sandeep Nayak has a great understanding on the field of cancer. He has been carrying out surgical oncology for 19 years. He has been regarded as one of the best surgical oncologists who use laparoscopic and robotic cancer surgery.
He is the one of the few oncologists in India who carries out this kind of surgery. The introduction of laparoscopic and robotic has brought a great revolution in the surgical field in India. Dr. Nayak believes in providing quality treatment to his patient. He carries out most of his cancer surgeries in Bangalore, India.
Laparoscopy and Robotics is better than the normal surgery. It helps in recovering faster post surgery and there is less loss of blood. Using this type of surgery, he has carried out many surgeries with ease.
Medical background of Dr. Sandeep Nayak
Dr. Sandeep Nayak has an experience of 19 years in the field of oncology. His invention of technology has bought advancement in cancer treatment in India. He is also considered to be one of the best in oncology. Dr. Nayak has medical degrees from many reputable medical institutions.
His style of cancer surgery is also known as minimal access cancer surgery (MACS). He believes in curing cancer patient faster and with minimum pain. In the past, Dr. Nayak was also the teacher of the department of surgical oncology at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore.
He is currently the Additional Director of Oncology Department in Fortis Hospital, Bangalore. He is the chief of surgical oncology in MACS Clinic, Bangalore.
He has many degrees in the field of medicine. Let us mention below the different medical degrees that Dr. Nayak has,
- MBBS Degree from Kasturba Medical College
- DNB Degree in General Surgery from Government Medical College
- DNB Degree in Surgical Oncology from Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute.
- He has done Basic and Advanced Laparoscopy from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
Personal Achievements and Publishes.
He has carried out cancer surgeries in many of the cancer hospitals all over India. Apart from the different degrees that Dr. Nayak has, he holds many other affiliations to his name. He has been associated with any national and international institution. Some of the personal achievements of Dr. Nayak are
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburg, U.K.
- The Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO),
- Bangalore Oncology Group
- American Society for Clinical Oncology (ASCO),
- Society of Surgical Oncology (SSO), etc.
Dr. Sandeep Nayak loves to publish articles in the field of surgical oncology (Cancer). His article on Robotics and Laparoscopy has been published in Economic Times.
Apart from his personal achievements, Dr. Sandeep Nayak has also been honoured with numerous awards.
If you’re beloved one is suffering from cancer and you want to consult, the best oncologist in India for advanced laparoscopic and robotic cancer surgery is Dr. Sandeep Nayak.