Have you booked in for a wisdom tooth extraction and completely freaking out? Actually, wisdom teeth removal does not have to be the painful experience you fear, provided you act smart and follow what your dentist says for a speedy recovery.
People avoid wisdom teeth removal procedure due to the price and dental fear. There is nothing to worry because the wisdom teeth removal cost in Melbourne is affordable, and can eliminate dental anxiety by opting sedation dentistry.
Your oral surgeon or the dentist will take care of you well during the procedure and provide you everything you need to know to ensure a quick recovery. So, stock up on the jelly and your favourite ice cream, and prepare to eat all your favourite foods with this wisdom teeth removalMelbourne post-operative care tips. Yes, you can do this!
Wisdom teeth aftercare tips:
Immediately after the wisdom teeth Melbourne extraction,
- Place the gauze pad over the surgical site every half an hour to avoid swelling.
- Restrict your activities on the day of surgery and resume to regular activities when you feel comfortable.
- Place ice packs on your cheek near the surgical spot to reduce swelling
- Follow the prescribed medications to heal quickly
- Try to keep your head elevated when you sleep. You can use pillows to lift your head. Whether you sit on an incliner or rest your upper body on layers of pillows, this idea is to find a comfortable position while elevating your head and shoulders.
- In the first 24 hours following the procedure, do not rinse your mouth. However, later on, you can do it. After every meal, rinse your mouth with a warm salt solution to remove food particles from the socket. Apart from cleaning the area, the salt water helps to kill bacteria while serving as a natural painkiller.
- It is advisable to stick with soft foods or liquids for a few days after your procedure. Puddings, yogurt and soups are good options that you can try. Avoid hot drinks and foods initially as they can remove blood clots.
- Please avoid straw for few days as the sucking motion can loosen blot clot and delay the healing process.
- Immediately after extracting the wisdom teeth, blood clots begin to form in your socket. Blood clots will help with the healing process. For 24 hours after the procedure, it is essential to avoid rinsing or spitting as this action can remove blood clots.
- Avoid smoking because it will put you at higher risk for painful sockets and also lengths the time it takes to recover.
The wisdom teeth removal cost in Melbourne is economical, and do not avoid it. If it is left untreated, it may lead to several dental problems which might cost you more. Therefore, extract your wisdom tooth as early as possible and follow the post-operative care tips for a quick recovery.