Cancer is the abnormal growth of cells in a rapid and uncontrolled manner. In some of the cases it is possible that the cancer may spread from one of the infected organ to the other parts of the body. Cancer is a group of many different diseases.
Cancer Treatment in India:
India is one of the preferred destination for cancer patients all over the world. India has advanced method of treatments and technology to cure cancer. According to your location you can choose the best cancer hospital in India for the best treatment .You can make the choice according to the prominent cities like Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi.
Cancer Treatment Options:
- Surgery: In this process the tumour is removed through surgical methods. This type of treatment is preferably done when the cancer cells or the lymph nodes are limited to their origin. Laser or conventional instruments are used for the surgery.
- RadiationTherapy: In this process ionizing radiation is used to treat cancer cells and also other diseases. The cancer cells and genetic substances are destroyed in this line of treatment. The Ionizing radiations will stop the cells from growing again.
- Hormone Therapy: This treatment does hormonal changes to the body to change the wat the cancer cells will grow in the body. This therapy is mainly used to treat breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men.
- Chemotherapy: In this treatment anti-cancer drugs are used for curing cancer. These drugs will destroy the cancer cells and prevent them from growing. Various methods are used to administer the drugs, depending upon the the type of the draug and the type of cancer.
- Biological Therapy (Immunotherapy): In this process the immune system is directly used for the treatment of cancer. This therapy also helps in reducing the side effects developed from other treatment methods.
Advanced Technologyavailable for Cancer Treatment in India:
- VMAT Radiation Therapy: VMAT is Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) treatment technique that combines the 3D volumetric imaging and digital linear accelerator. This process requires advanced treatment planning expertise. This powerful line of treatment delivers focused radiation in shortest time with minimum dose to the targeted organ. In this process it is ensured that the surrounding critical organs and critical tissues are spared. Hence, it ensures the safety of the patients and also the doctor treating them.
- Linear Accelerator: The linear accelerator is highly technologically advanced. The Linear accelerator consists of amorphous silicon portal imaging and dynamic multileaf collimator. It can deliver Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) providing higher tumoricidal does to the tumour. At the same time it manages to keep the radiation does lower to the nearby normal and critical organs.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): MRI stands for Magntetic resonance imaging. In this technology with the uses of radio and magnetic waves, a very comprehensive and detailed cross-sectional image of the inside of the body are produced. As there is no use of x-rays in this process, there is no harm of getting exposure to radiation.
- PET CT: Exclusive technologies like High definition PET, True Volume (It helps in increasing PET field of view by an eye opening 33% in the axial dimension), higher resolution, LSO crystal, Pico-3D, true and Sureview. All these features increase the ability to detect changes in molecular activity before any anatomical changes occur.
- Brachytherapy: Eighteen channels HDR Brachytherapy with treatment control station (TCS) and Microselectron is used for Brachytherapy.It is mainly used for Gynecological Cancers, Esophageal Cancer and interstitial implants of breast ,head neck and pelvis.
- Gamma Camera: Nuclear medicine imaging is an important complement of current imaging technologies and plays a very useful role in oncology. The advantage of using nuclear medicine is functional imaging compared to purely static imaging in conventional x-rays, CT, etc. Bone scans, renal scanning, thyroid scans, scintimammography and various other investigations carried out using this process. Gamma camera is a very important tool for the treating consultant to plan the desired modality of treatment.
- Mammography: The new analog mammography systems are delivered to design high quality breast imaging with excellent comfort to patients. The functionality of the equipment enables that the radiation dose can be individually set for each patient – without compromising excellent image quality. The appropriate parametrs can be selected according to the patients breast size and density.
- Somatom Scope 32 Slice CT scanner: This equipment delivers crystal clear images across a very wide range of clinical applications with sub- millimeter isotropic accuracy. The high performance Ultra-Fast Ceramics detector material delivers bright and crisp images.This process makes use of minimized dose in particular for children and people requiring multiple follow-up scans. Somatom Scope supports the perfect balance between the right dose and image quality.
- Laproscopic Surgery: It is a modern surgical technique in which operations in the abdomen through small incisions (usually 0.5cm to 1.5cm). The laproscopy instrument is somewhat like a miniature telescope with a fiber optic system which brings light into the abdomen. It is the direct visualization of the ovaries, peritoneal cavity and outside of the tubes and uterus. Dr Sandeep Nayak in Bangalore carries out laproscopic surgery very effectively.
- Proton Therapy: Proton Beam therapy is one of the most advanced and superior forms of radiation therapy in the world. High energy proton beam is used for cancer treatment. It is a form of particle therapy which provides targeted treatment and intensification unlike any other radiation treatment.
- Generation-next therapeutics: This process is a shift from the conventional chemotherapy treatment. This method is more personalized to the patient because all the drugs will be administered according to the persona of the patient.
- Robotic Cancer Surgery: This method makes use of advanced Computer technology for more focused and precise treatment by experienced and skilled surgeons. This technology delivers 10x magnified, High-Definition, 3d Image of the Body, which helps the surgeon to control and manipulate special surgical Instruments that are maller and more flexible than human hands. The Robot will copy the hand movement of the Surgeon, hence minimizing hand Errors.
- Cost of treatment: The cost of treatment in India is almost 50 to 80% less than that of more developed countries like USA, UK, Canada and Singapore.
- Waiting Time: The waiting time to start the treatment is almost zero. Whereas the waiting time for other countries is very high.
- Advanced Method of Treatment: As already listed above India has the best cancer treatment technology.
- Hospitals: India has very advanced and specialised Cancer Treatment Hospitals with well-equipped technology and world Class Infrastructure. Few of the Best Cancer Treatment Hospitals in India are,
- Tata Memorial Hospital
- Fortis Hospital
- KokilabenDhirubhaiAmbani Hospital
- Apollo Hospital
By knowing the above given factors it is a fact that people across the world visit India for chronic disease treatment like cancer. Cancer patients get effective treatment with advanced technology and at very affordable price. From the above article it is evident that India is becoming the one of the pioneer countries to treat cancer. So it concludes that because of the advanced technology available and lower costs, India is becoming the preferred destination for the people all over the world for cancer treatment.